Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tiles & Flooring

Another Saturday, another flooring store!

Ok so I thought I had an absolute clear idea about the kind of tiles I wanted for the wet areas of the house until I walked into Beaumont tiles! When I entered the store I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of tiles and yet none of them seemed to be exactly what I wanted and the ones that I thought were ‘ok’ were not in the standard range – we have allowed extra for tile upgrades but unfortunately you don’t find out the cost of your selections until ages after selecting them which doesnt help with the anxiety levels when trying to keep on budget. Needless to say I left the store multiple times still not having made a firm decision on what I wanted.

Same went for the Carpet at Carpetcall – some nice ones but none were exactly what we wanted. Alex and I saw carpet in a display home that wasn’t a Plantation Home. It was the first carpet that we have both agreed on and loved straight up (miracle right there!) so we had to find out what it was. We buttered up the builder of that display home and he finally gave in and found out what carpet they had used in that house. Carpetcall don’t stock it so we will have to go to a different supplier for it. The colour of the carpet will be selected after handover when we can see what works best in the space.

Alex and I started off rocky deciding on the wood flooring for the house. We both had different ideas on the colour but when we actually visited Carpetcall we both liked the same flooring! (another miracle)  Trust me there was max excitement and high 5’s happening all round! We actually agreed on the same thing haha

Carpet done. Wood flooring done. Tiles fail.

Search continues….

No comments:

Post a Comment