Friday, November 9, 2012

Porchlight Interiors

I always knew that when the time came to build a house I would hire the help of a designer to help select colours for the house (inside and out). Why spend all that money on a house to not invest an extra couple of hundred dollars to get it right?

Alex and I wanted a colour scheme of black, white, grey (all 50 shades) and taupe. We had general ideas on what colours we wanted where but wanted help on picking the exact shade and making it all work together, so we hired the help of Porchlight Interiors.

T from Porchlight Interiors came out to our house for a consultation to get a design brief from us. From there we had another appointment with her to go through the colours that she had selected and what we liked and didn’t like. T also came with me to help make a firm decision on tiles from Beaumont – I felt much more confident with my decisions once I had the tick of approval from a professional. 

Hiring an interior designer is not for everyone – but it’s definitely for me (and my indecisiveness) and well worth the money spent! I’ll definitely be having T come back to the house once it’s complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment